Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Girl Needs Her Coffee

I have been seeing these coffee filter wreaths all over Blogland lately.  Some white, some brown, but all awesome.  I had a pack of coffee filters lying around that someone gave us with a wedding gift.  I picked up the floral wreath and white ribbon for $1 each at Dollar Tree.  I got out my trusty glue gun and started by gluing the end of the ribbon down, then wrapping it around the wreath form. 




 It just so happened to work out that when I got to the end I had just enough to make a loop for hanging.  I didn't want a large loop because I like the "floating" on the wall look.  








After wrapping the form with ribbon, I started folding some coffee filters.  Quite by accident I grabbed 2 at a time my first couple of times.  Then I realized that I could pull the layers apart for a fuller, not-so-perfect look.  I just kept filling in with 2-3 filters folded at a time until I had the fullness I wanted.  






Here it is floating hanging on the wall.  Not bad for a 30 minute project.




1 comment:

  1. I love this! It looks so nice! And it only took you 30 min.? Not bad at all. I just created my own wreath too last night using feathers. My goal is to post the toturial tonight...check it out later :)

    ReplyDelete